Lead is a toxic metal that can impact your child’s growth and development. Children can be exposed to lead by breathing or swallowing lead or lead dust.
Lead exposure can cause:
- Brain and nervous system damage
- Learning/behavior problems
- Slowed growth and development
- Hearing/speech issues
A simple blood test is the only way to know if your child has been exposed to lead. Talk with your child’s doctor if you think your child has been exposed to lead.
For more information, visit https://leadsafe.ne.gov/